I Believe...

I believe in pink. 
I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. 
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. 
I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. 
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. 
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. 
~~  Audrey Hepburn ~~

This quote by Audrey Hepburn has always intrigued me.  First, because she begins her litany with, "I believe in pink."  What does that mean? Perhaps, she is telling us that when something is pink, it is fresh and new and alive...like a newborn.  Or, perhaps it is simply her favorite color.  In which case, I would say, "I believe in purple!"  Whenever I see the color purple, it makes me feel good.

Her idea that laughing burns calories is on the money.  Scientists have proven it...laughter IS the best medicine!  I believe that laughing and smiling are good for the soul, too.

Next, she believes in kissing...a lot.  Well, I can't fault that.  I, too, like to kiss my sweetie.  How lovely to be in my sixties and still be kissable and want to kiss!

As far as being strong when things go wrong...is there any other way to get through those times?  Not if you want to survive, that is for sure.  Besides, being strong helps you save your energy so that you can do what needs to be done effectively.  

As the mother of four daughters and four granddaughters, I must agree with the next part of Audrey's litany.  Happy girls ARE the prettiest...mainly because they radiate joy.  Joy can make the plainest person beautiful.

Tomorrow being another day give us permission to try again.  We are human; we don't always succeed the first time round.  Having another opportunity to try allows us to find answers, to forgive, to complete what we began.

Finally, miracles happen...everyday.  I know this to be true.  

I would add to this litany my belief that you are never too old to love, learn or dream.  I believe that we are all blessed with gifts and talents. And, I believe that a good cup of tea and a sympathetic ear can bring calm and peace to almost any situation.

What do you believe in? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship and Well-being

More Than Words

A Thing Called Hope