Being the Light




There are several quotes that I read often that speak of "The Light."  The first is, "There are two ways of spreading the Light: to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it," from Edith Wharton. This quote always reminds me that I can share my Light with others or I can reflect their Light back to them or into the world.

Then, from one of my heroes, Desmond Tutu, who Lights up any room he enters, there is, "Hope is being able to see the Light despite of all the darkness." This quote calls me to remember that the Sun always shines, even when the sky is cloudy.  In other words, I am not alone, the darkness of the moment will pass AND the Light will shine once more.

Finally, Elizabeth Kubler-Ross has always inspired me with, "People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed, only if there is a light from within." Our inner Light is what get us through those dark times in life. Often, we don't even know it is there; but, when our Light is needed the most, we shine!

Namasté!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Bible Sisters

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan