Walk with the Dreamers...

"Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground. Let their spirit ignite a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it."  

Today, I wish to give thanks for some of the people who have ignited my spirit.  My parents, sweetheart, children, grandchildren, family and friends are all part of this long, long list, of course, but today, I want to recognize those gentle souls who may not be as obvious.

As a very young girl, the artwork of Vincent Van Gogh touched me in a way that I still find difficult to describe.  His images awakened in me an understanding that to be different was OK...to pursue your passion was what life was about. When I first saw Starry Night, I believed he had painted it just for me...a touchstone in time, given so that I could remember my passion.  


Another artist whose work I have loved from the first time I laid eyes on it is Mary Engelbreit. Her illustrations are found in many books as well as posters, household items and on Facebook. What touches me are how real the people look in her sketches/paintings.  The emotions of the characters are easily read on their faces. However, it is her messages that I like the best...always bringing love, peace and hope to the world.
 


The late Dr. Maya Angelou's words resonated in my heart and soul, also.  Her wisdom sits with me still...leading me forward as a woman and peacemaker.  When I read her words, "I am a Woman/Phenomenally./Phenomenal Woman,/that's me." from her poem, Phenomenal Woman, I saw myself.  This was her gift...to write words that spoke to all people.  


Finally, the music of George Gershwin and Glenn Miller informed my less than talented musical side. Something about the tone, melody and lingering notes of their music gave me the ability to see the music in life.  They heard, not simply saw, the trees sing, the stars harmonize and the seas beat rhythms.  When I sit quietly in nature, or even on a busy city street, I hear their music ringing in my ears.

 So, as Wilfred Peterson said, "Let their spirit ignite a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it." Namesté!


Further Resources on the art of the world can be found at: Artsy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan

Bible Sisters