On Being Fearless



As we entered the New Year, I meditated upon my one word for the year.  What came to me was "fearless." Given the state of the world and the constant battle I have been doing with fear, this word felt Heaven-sent.

During the past five days, I have felt like the women of the scripture who are told, "Be not afraid." Over and over, I have been reminded that I can be fearless as I teach, as I write, as I minister. Good people will continue to do good things. God will provide for my needs, as always. My one concern is to continue shining the Light that has been given me to share - the Light of Love, the Light of Peace and the Light of Acceptance.

In my searches for quotes by women who exemplify fearlessness, I have found the following:

  • We realize the importance of our voices only when they are silenced. ~ Malala Yousafzai
  • We can do no great things, only small things with great love. ~ Mother Theresa
  • Our deepest wishes are whispers of our authentic self. We must learn to respect them. We must learn to listen. ~ Sarah Ban Breathnach
  • Do one thing every day that scares you. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Being fearless, for me, means being filled with trust and faith that no matter what, all will be well. Being fearless means that loving myself gives me the strength to love others, unconditionally. Being fearless means holding a peace-filled center in the midst of chaos and turmoil.
 
I pray that we can all be fearless as this New Year unfolds before us.
 
Blessings!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan

Bible Sisters