My Mind Is Foggy

Photo credit: (c) 2011 Linda M. Rhinehart Neas

Has this ever happened to you?  I have been sitting here for an hour trying to come up with something that will have meaning, something that will resonate with my readers, something that will bring inspiration, enlightenment or simply affirmation.  Nothing!  

My mind is foggy. There is so much flying around in my head - responsibilities, lesson plans due, bills, concern about family members.  I can't see anything in the vast halls of my accumulation of knowledge. I am getting frustrated, and I know that frustration will produce brain-cramps that will further the problem. So...I am off to do other things - shower, dress, eat, anything to occupy my foggy mind.

~~~~

Well, doing other things did aid me in finding something to share. As I was wandering around the house, I began thinking about what others did to become inspired. From several different faith paths, I remembered that the holy people would go off to be alone. Jesus went to the desert; Buddha sat under a tree; Indigenous medicine people go to the woods, mountains, out to sea or on walk-about. 

What happens to us when we do this...go alone into quiet space? Well, first of all, our physical body begins to unwind. Nature has a way of increasing our endorphins, which helps us to calm down. Next, our mind begins to "defog." We become more aware of our surroundings the longer we stay in this place, wherever it is. We begin to hear sounds, see sights, feel, smell and even taste things we hadn't noticed before. Finally, we attune to those spiritual vibrations that surround us. This is where inspiration comes from - this is the tool that helps us discern, create and inquire.

So, what had started out as a frustrating exercise, became a gift of knowledge that could be shared with all. 

May we all become aware of our need to find places of rest, quietude, and rejuvenation. May we all unwind, calm down and connect to Spirit in order to proceed on the Path of this Life as pilgrims mindful of each other. May we use our knowledge wisely to help heal our world.

Blessings!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hiya, I am really glad I've found this info. Today bloggers publish
just about gossips and net and this is actually frustrating.
A good web site with interesting content, that's what I need.

Thank you for keeping this web-site, I'll be visiting it.
Do you do newsletters? Cant find it.
Unknown said…
Lovely column and encouragement to rest, re-group, and connect. Glad to be connecting with you!
Anonymous - no newsletter, simply this blog. Thank you for your kind words.

Unknown - I am so happy you find this blog helpful.

Blessings to you both.

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Bible Sisters

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan