I Believe in Pink

Gardens of the World - Audrey Hepburn 
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0221199/


I believe in pink. 
I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. 
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. 
I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. 
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. 
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. 
~~  Audrey Hepburn ~~

"I believe..." These words begin professions of faith for many around the world. When we believe something, we know it...in our hearts and minds. Let's take a look at what Audrey is saying here.

In this profession of belief, Audrey Hepburn, captures our attention by beginning her litany with, "I believe in pink."  What does that mean? Perhaps, she is telling us that when something is pink, it is fresh and new and alive...like a newborn.  Or perhaps, it is simply her favorite color.  In which case, I would say, "I believe in purple!"  Whenever I see the color purple, it makes me feel good. I think of lilacs and violets, eggplants and rich colored sunsets.

Her idea that laughing burns calories is on the money.  Scientists have proven it...laughter IS the best medicine!  I know that laughing and smiling are good for the soul, which in turn helps heal the body.

Next, she believes in kissing...a lot.  Well, I can't fault that.  In addition, I would add hugging. Scientists recently proclaimed that hugging helps maintain a healthy mind and body. In fact, they found that a 20 second or longer hug actually increased the hormones that make us happy and keep our blood pressure down! Wow!

As far as being strong when things go wrong, this can take time and experience for some. Strength of this type has nothing to do with physical prowess. This strength is that inner knowing we develop from experience and from confidence. This is that tiny voice that says, "Not to worry, ducky...you got this!" When we have this type of "knowing," we can face most any crisis with calm and wisdom.

Next on the Audrey's litany is something that I know to be true. Happy girls ARE the prettiest...mainly because they radiate joy, love and inner peace.  These virtues build confidence, which shines from a person's eyes and illuminates their entire being.

Stating the obvious, Audrey says, "Tomorrow is another day," which is a reminder that we can try again.  After all, we are human; we don't always succeed the first time round.  Having another opportunity to try allows us to find answers, to forgive, to complete what we began. That said, I know there is no time like the present. We need to be mindful that tomorrow may not be there for us or for those we care about, so it is essential to keep foremost in our consciousness what we want to say or do. This is especially true when it comes to loving others. Don't ever hesitate to tell a person you love that this is how you feel. Do it now! Sure, they may reject your love, but you will never have to regret not letting them know it was offered to them.

Finally, miracles happen...everyday.  I know this to be true. In 65 years of life, I have witnessed countless miracles.

In closing, I would add to this litany my belief that you are never too old to love, learn or dream.  I know that we are all blessed with gifts and talents. I, also, know that a good cup of tea and a sympathetic ear can bring calm and peace to almost any situation. Finally, I know that we are all connected and all deserving of Love.

What do you believe in? Share what your thoughts with us!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan

Bible Sisters