In High-tech Society, Is Grace Still Amazing?

Photo Credit (c) 2017 L.M.R. Neas

Of late, I have been pondering a very old-fashioned concept - that of "grace."  Growing up in a parochial school neighborhood, the idea of grace was something discussed in school and referred to often during the day. I remember phrases like, "By the grace of God..." or "His only saving grace is..." and "But for the grace of God, go I!"

Today, people don't seem to refer to grace in quite the same way. Why, I wonder?  

Perhaps, the exodus from churches is one reason, or maybe the advancements of technology have caused people to put grace on the back burner. I have no answers for it. However, I do know with my entire being that grace is real, that we still have grace in our lives and that grace, like love, never dissipates.  

This "knowing" has called me to write about Grace. (I am capitalizing it because I want the word to stand out in our minds.)  Grace is multifaceted.  There is the Grace of sufficiency or enough, the Grace of understanding, the Grace of provision or supply, and the Grace of love, to name a few aspects. 

Over the next five weeks, we will look at some of these aspects. What do they mean? Does everyone receive Grace? Do we have to do something to get Grace? Can we give or get Grace from other people or only from the Divine? Is Grace a purely Judeo-Christian concept? What does Grace do for us...for the world? Where does Grace come from?

Join me on this mini-journey down the gracious path of Grace. 

Please feel free to leave a comment explaining your ideas of just what Grace is.  

Blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Bible Sisters

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan