All Saints' Day


 Fra Angelico [Public domain]

Many years ago, as a young girl, I would sit transfixed studying this painting by Fra Angelico. I tried to name the Saints pictured, many of them familiar thanks to the Sisters of St. Joseph and my mother. I remember asking Momma why we prayed to the Saints. She told me that Saints were like the Angels. They helped God take care of people. Made sense to me.

Today is All Saints' day. I learned long ago that Saints aren't simply Catholic.  Many cultures have Saints, so it would seem that this is a very special day for many.

To my favorite Saints (the ones I go to when I need a little extra help in life) St. Michael - the Archangel, St. Anthony, St. Theresa - the Little Flower, St. Jude, and Mother Mary, I offer prayers of thanks for all the protection and guidance given me through 60+ years of life.

May the Saints be with us all as we travel through life.  Blessings! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Bible Sisters

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan