Re-thinking Visiting


At the beginning of this year, I found my Word of the Year.  The word was, "visit."  I never, at the time, realized how I would need to rethink the meaning of this word.

At first thought, back in January, I was prepared to "practice" visiting via traveling to see those I had not seen in a long time. Today, in the face of the COVID-19 virus, this isn't happening. 

Rethinking "visiting," I have come to see that to visit is more than being a presence in a room with others. When I have visited this past week, it has been over the phone, through the internet, by means of old-fashioned letters, and texts. In addition, I have visited with those who have become fearful and anxious on social media. We have shared our fears, our joys, and our most recent realizations. 

Love, as I have always known, is the great healer. Sharing Love, doing Loving acts, speaking Loving words, all have the power to push fear away and allow for healing to grow. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Bible Sisters

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan