Savoring Possibilities

 

This year my word is "savor," which can be pondered and reflected on in so many ways that I feel I need a year to do justice to it.

Right now, I plan to savor the times I have made memories with my beloved, my daughters, the grandchildren, and our friends. Taking time to look back at all the photos I have taken and remembering that particular time and place.  For instance, the photo above was captured at York's Wild Kingdom on a trip with my oldest daughter and her family couple of months before the birth of her third child. The day was hot but not too bad. We wandered through the park with the girls oh-ing and ah-ing over the different animals we saw. I remember talking to them about different animals - sharing what I knew and reading the signs put up by the park. 

I also plan to savor possibilities for future adventures. In this case, the savoring takes the form of dreaming about where to go, when to go, who to see. We all need this because this pandemic has left us all wanting.

Finally, I will savor my alone time; that is, the time I spend in reflection, prayer, and meditation.  Too often, I feel guilty about this time. I try to fit it in between the duties of my day, rather than making specific time to "be" with the Divine.

May we all take time to savor what we have, who we are with and where we are. Blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan

Bible Sisters