Time Taken for Tranquility


Taking time away from all that life sends us is difficult. I always find myself putting "down-time" off because something more needs to be accomplished or finished. However, in my later years, I have discovered that this precious time away from work is a great gift. 
 
Over the past two months, I have spent more time in the garden, time with family, and time just sitting in order to connect with Spirit. What I found is that I am calmer, more able to grasp what is important and much happier. Being able to stand in my garden, and really notice the beauty of the flowers, the wonder of how from a tiny seed food to nourish us is grown and the connections to all life has filled me such joy.
 
Likewise, time with my family after one of the longest times away from them goes beyond words. We held each other longer, listened more carefully, laughed, and sang louder. My cup definitely ran over!

As summer winds down, as the days shorten, and as the world begins its next phase of seasons, let us all give ourselves permission to stop...rest...rejuvenate. Let us find and restore that inner core of peace we all have deep within us. 

Blessings!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan

Bible Sisters