More About Signs and Symbols

 


"When you believe beyond what your eyes can see... 
signs from heaven show up to remind you love never dies." 
Author Unknown 

I have written of how, as a young child, my mother taught me to be aware of signs from above and beyond. Over the years, I have encountered many. Each time, I am both amazed and awed. 

Naysayers have told me that I could find signs in anything if I wanted to and that these "messages" are just in my imagination, which is vivid. My answer has always been, "Thank God for that!" 

Yes, we can find messages in most anything. However, when you aren't looking, and they show up...what then? Is it a message from the great beyond when you see a hawk, the minute you ask for an answer to a prayer? Is it coincidence that a symbol of someone who has passed (for instance, my mother's symbol is a yellow butterfly) appears when you most need a reminder that you are never alone? I think not. 

Someone asked me how you know a sign is a sign. Well, for me, signs are always connected to the context of the situation. Finding a pure white feather simply lying next to the chair you sit on at your desk where you work when there are no reasons for white feathers to be around you...no quilts, no down clothing...to me is a sign from the angels. Now, if you found a white feather in the barnyard where geese are raised, I wouldn't be so quick to say it was a message. 

Another example...you are walking through the woods thinking about someone you love who has passed or who is not with you at that time. You look down and there on the ground is a perfect heart-shaped stone. I don't see this as a coincidence. I see this as a message that you are loved, and love is eternal. 

Signs and symbols are gifts. They are reminders, warnings, and messages. They come in all kinds of forms and during all kinds of situations. Trust what your heart tells you. Know they are real. Believe!

Blessings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Bible Sisters

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan