Footprints on Our Hearts

 


My mother introduced me to the work of Flavia Weedn, an artist and philosopher, who touched the lives of more people that I am sure she ever realized. I have from time to time, given gifts with her quotes on them to loved ones. 

Therefore, on this special day - the natal anniversary of my dear friend and soul-sister, Hannah - I decided to combine my photography with the words of Flavia. This is the first time I ever read the entire quote from her work. When I took in the words this morning, sitting at my desk in the corner of the kitchen, looking out at the birds feasting on suet and seeds while the sky turned the gentle blue of morning, I knew this would be my gift to Hannah this year.

Hannah and I met as mothers with children in the same school. We shared the fears mothers know and the joys. We have drunk countless cups of tea together, talking in whispers, eyes sparkling with joy and love. We accepted each other with that unconditional acceptance that devoted friends give each other - not trying to change the other, but rather, holding the mirror up so that the other can see their beauty and gifts.

My wish today is that all of us might be blessed with a friend like our Hannah. Thank you, dear Heart, for coming and staying all these years in my life and for helping me to see who I am. I am a better person for knowing you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Bible Sisters

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan