Sow Peace



Long ago, I was taught about mindfulness - to be aware of what is around me, who is with me, the sounds, the smells and the feelings of things and my response to them. Being "in the moment" is not a state of being that I can maintain always, but I am getting better at being there more often. 
 
Sitting on the patio on a cold, clear, sunny morning, I was mindful of the perfection of that moment in time. Tears of gratitude ran down my cheeks. 

Not more than a few minutes later, I read about the fear of war halfway around the world. My spirit instantly filled with the panic my students feel, who still have family and loved ones in harms way. My heart ached for those who I know and love who are military members and their families, now facing the greatest anxiety humans face. My mind raced as I tried to make sense of why humans cannot see that aggression, oppression, greed, and thirst for power is not only wrong, they are deadly - not just to the victims, but to those who perpetrate such evils as well. 

Today, as I sit before a blue sky with sun kissing the tips of the trees just outside my window, I lift a prayer for all those in danger, all those struggling in the chaos of this moment in time. I call upon the peacemakers of the four corners of world - those who are beyond the veil as well as those working ceaselessly now - to keep the Light shining for us all. 

May we sow peace, nurture it and reap the harvest of its fruits with abundance, knowing there is plenty for all to share. Blessings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Bible Sisters

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan