Gratitude Found in Abundance


 

When my daughter gave me the hanging strawberry plant for Mother's Day, I wasn't expecting to see many strawberries. However, as the days warmed and more blossoms appeared, we had the sweetest, tiniest strawberries you could imagine. June and July were filled with a daily crop of two to four berries - bright red and teaming with deliciousness.

This got me thinking of how something so small could be so abundant, which took me into a meditation of all the small, tiny, wee treasures that surround our lives, daily. 

How grateful I am for the hummingbirds that come to our feeder. Symbols of joy, they never cease to delight me. The cricket's song is another pleasure that fills my heart and soul with elation. The minute forget-me-nots must be added to my list of small wonders. Bluer than as summer sky, they always remind me of my mother. My list could go on ad infinitum. 

As summer begins to wane, I will look for other gifts of abundance in my life to acknowledge, admire and appreciate. Blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers

Bible Sisters

Review of Gypsy for God by Yvonne Morgan